We are a welcoming community seeking to receive, enjoy,
and share the love of God in Jesus. No-one is ever alone.
The Life and Work of Our Church
We welcome you to our worship services, and hope you will take a moment to make yourself known to one of the ushers or ministers. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Kingsway-Lambton family, we invite you to sign the welcome card in the pew or contact the Church office. Please come again!
Members and Adherents
"so we, who are many, are one body in Christ,
we are members one of another" Romans 12:5
Individuals may become members of the church by transfer of membership from another church, or by profession of faith. Membership demonstrates support for Kingsway-Lambton United Church, allows one to become a member of Session and some other Offices, and to vote at congregational meetings.
The welcoming of new members takes place during Sunday worship service twice a year, followed by a lunch for new members and their families. Anyone interested in joining the church is asked to contact the church office.
Adherents may choose to attend without becoming a member. Everyone can be an active participant in our church life, attend worship, and volunteer in many activities, without becoming a member.
Keeping in Touch
Sharing our News and Needs
If you know of a significant birthday, anniversary or event and would like to share this good news with our Church family in celebration, please contact the Church office
If you know of anyone needing pastoral care, please contact the church office, a member of the Pastoral Care Committee, or the Minister of Pastoral Care.
Announcements are made by a volunteer each week, at 9:55 am prior to Sunday Worship Services.
Electronic News and Announcements
The Sunday Order-of-Service is generally available on this website by late Thursday or Friday morning, for the following Sunday Worship Service. You may click on the link at the top right of any page.
Please consider joining our church announcement email list. You will receive the weekly Announcements each Friday (September to June), as well as other notices from time to time. To be added to the distribution list, please email your request to the
The church Newsletter, the Carillon, is available by email, in print, or on the Newsletter page of this website. Receiving the newsletter electronically gets it to you sooner, in colour, and saves printing and mailing costs.
Services are recorded on CDs
Sunday Services are recorded on CDs and are available for purchase or borrowed from the Library. Please contact the office if you don't find the disc you want.
Flowers, Announcements and Coffee Hour
Flowers in Memory of Loved Ones
Rita MacDonald is the Church contact for those wishing to place flowers on the Communion Table in memory of a loved one.
Please contact Rita via the Church office.
Announcements requested to be printed in the Sunday Bulletin are to be submitted
to the church office by the Wednesday prior to the service. Please contact Karen Munday, church staff.
Requests to make a verbal announcement, or have it made by the announcer, are to be submitted by the Friday prior to the service. We request that announcements are brief, related to immediate upcoming church events, and may be repeated one more week. Announcements are sometimes presented in a creative format.
Please join us after the Sunday service, downstairs in the Gym, (lemonade on the lawn in summer) for a time of socializing, meeting new people, and sharing in the life of our church family. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to someone you may not know.
- Fair Trade Coffee is served at Coffee Hour, to help ensure that small coffee farmers receive a fair price for their work.
- All cookies served at Coffee Hour are peanut-free.
Sponsor a Coffee Hour for $20 per week.
Volunteer for Coffee Hour, assisting with setup, serving and cleanup, on your choice of weeks. If you can assist, please contact Erica Mezger via the Church office.
Supportive Roles in Worship
Please see the Get Involved and Worship pages for more information about active roles in our worship services.
Using Church Facilities
We are blessed to be an active and welcoming congregation, with a large number of church and community groups using our facilities.
Please see the Property page to find out more about booking rooms, equipment,
or requesting assistance to set up your event.
- The cornerstone was laid in 1936, but our roots date back almost a century to our Methodist heritage.
- On February 9, 1845, the opening service was held at the Lambton Methodist Chapel, which stood where 565 Prince Edward Dr. is today.
- On March 3, 1878, Lambton Methodist Church opened at what is now 4160 Dundas Street West. Sufficient funds were raised at the opening service to write off the debt of $300. The “rose window” may still be seen above the storefront, from the south side of Dundas St.
- In November 1928, land was purchased from Kingsway builder Robert Home Smith at a cost of $900.
- In 1934 the congregation joined with Lambton Methodist Church to become Kingsway-Lambton United Church.
- On Sunday, February 28, 1937, the opening service of Kingsway-Lambton United Church was held with an overflow congregation. Sunday School classes were held in the kitchen and furnace room.
- By May 1942 the transepts (extensions forming the ‘t’ or cross shape) along with a Sunday School wing were completed. The lot next door was purchased in 1943, on which the Wilf Lockhart Chapel, honouring the Rev. Wilf Lockhart, and the West Wing, were completed in the 1950s to accommodate a burgeoning congregation.
- In 2006 accessible renovations were completed, including the inviting, light-filled western entrance, the elevator and lift, and accessible washrooms. The main kitchen equipment and a number of meeting rooms were upgraded.
Guide to Events, Services and Ministries
of Kingsway Lambton United Church
Please continue to browse this website for all the information, or contact the church office to obtain a printed copy of the guide.
United Church is a congregation within the
Church of Canada.